Cheddar Patient Group
My Cheddar liaises with the Patient Participation Group which supports users of the Cheddar Medical Centre.
CHEDDAR PATIENT GROUP
We represent the patients of the Cheddar Medical Centre and act both inward looking towards the Medical Centre and outward looking towards the Cheddar community.
We are a Critical Friend to, and in support of, the Medical Centre with work focussed on:
- Information transfer about the Medical Centre and NHS
- Inward looking improvements
- Constant dialogue with patients and the Surgery
- We now have a dialogue with the ‘bodies’ that matter in case of need
Our main focus is Connected Cheddar.
Working together for the health and wellbeing of Cheddar people with the Cheddar Community Acting As One – a ‘joined up’ Cheddar. We believe in a resilient and informed community with Cheddar becoming a beacon to combat social isolation. We are working with both Cheddar and national support groups to focus, align and streamline the help and support that is needed, e.g. a common signposting service.
Jigsaw Pieces (on the table but not yet formed into a plan)
- Somerset Choices – a Cheddar directory of local and national services to help the joining process – everyone aware of each other. Clear, accessible and open. 2 day workshop w/c June 1st for groups to sign up based in the Library. This is the Number 1 action.
- Community transport to hospital or other secondary care locations – leaflet printed.
- Village transport to the surgery and other local support centres – we know how, but need the community to come together to execute the plan.
- Community transport for Cheddar to support local groups – to be discussed
- Village Agent – essential, needs confidence of people and clinicians. Funding application being considered
- Volunteer Centre – networking centre, e.g. recruitment of volunteers; centre for transport; central knowledge hub; community newsletter hub; publicity. Where? -Library, Hannah More Cottage, etc. Needs the community to come together
- Peer Support Patient Champions as a focus and signposts, so far in place – Parkinson’s and Exercise for the Over Fifties. In planning – Speech Therapy.
- Community Signposters – knowledge of needs and accessibility to Cheddar.
Parkinson’s coffee morning Saturday April 25 10.30am – noon Catholic Church
Patient Group coffee morning Tuesday June 2 10am – noon Hannah More Cottage
Somerset Choices registration and workshop Friday 5 and Saturday 6 June
9.30am – 1pm Upstairs at Library
Join us now in whatever capacity you are comfortable with from silent witness to active volunteer by sending your email to Elizabeth Herridge at email@example.com or John Pimblott at firstname.lastname@example.org